New Blog

Thank you all for checking in with me, commenting and following my blog. I have created a new site that all posts, pictures and other goodness will be posted to. Please follow this link and keep tabs on me @ http://wanderingscissors.blogspot.com/ I'd love to hear from you over there. Hugs to all, Michelle

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

123 challenge

One stamp set, up to two kinds of embellishments, three colors and as many punches as you would like. Well here you go ~ This is a challenge submitted by the Late Night Stampers Design Team (which I am a member of) I love how these cards came out! It's always fun to try new ways to create something beautiful.
The first one uses the Always stamp set, some brads and a piece of chocolate chip ribbon. I used the scallop punch, snow blossom, five petal, scallop square, and the 3/4 circle.


There is a lot of detail in the card. I love how the flowers turned out. I added paper piercing all around the card, made my own faux buttons and faux thread. I even cut up the Scallop square punch to go around the bird.



Next is a very bright card using the new In colors, Pacific Point and Tangerine Tango.
The stamp set is Fresh Cuts stamped with the Tangerine Tango onto Whisper White. Again, I made my own buttons.


To make the buttons, I punched out three 3/4 inch circles, glued them all together. Then using a regular button as a template, I punched the two holes. I then covered it all with Crystal Effects. Be careful not to fill the holes because it'll be a pain to thread the buttons if you don't. Once the buttons were dry, I cut thin strips of co-ordinating card stock then threaded and tied them up. Pretty cool, huh?

Next I used a gorgeous stamp set from the Spanish catalog called Flores Suaves. I don't understand why it's not in the regular catalog, but I'm glad that we have the option to be able to purchase the set.


Here's a close up of the bee. Isn't he the cutest! And it looks like he is walking in honey. I accidentally got this effect when I heated up Crystal Effects a little too much.


If you'd like to join in on our challenges, let me know and I'll hook you up to our site. Sorry, it's a private site but we are always looking for new members. Leave me a post and I'll send you an invite.
In the mean time ~ go glitter something :-)
Have fun,


Michelle Bowley

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards - love the frist one - the colours are great and so are the birds!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know you! Aren't you that lady with the gorgeous pink flowers that were a WOW at convention? Yeah, knew I'd seen you someplace. LOL I finally got to try out your technique and it worked! Now I need to make more than one so I can group them on a card or box or a bag or something!

You need to put that Fresh Cuts card in a drawer or it will keep you up at night! LOL

Take care, kathynruss