New Blog

Thank you all for checking in with me, commenting and following my blog. I have created a new site that all posts, pictures and other goodness will be posted to. Please follow this link and keep tabs on me @ http://wanderingscissors.blogspot.com/ I'd love to hear from you over there. Hugs to all, Michelle

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cuttlebug Highlights

Here's another technique that I learned from the October 2008 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter. It's called Cuttlebug Highlights. Didn't it come out beautiful!! I used Elegant Eggplant and Almost Amethyst for my card stock. I embossed the raised part of my card with gold embossing powder. And then I made the sides of the purple ribbon and around the Elegant Eggplant piece gold, using my gold leafing pen. I must admit this is very elegant! What do you think?


Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, that is one gorgeous card! O.k. several questions - 1) Can we get the technique from the Technique Junkie thing if we aren't a subscriber? 2) I am getting a Cuttlebug since I won some fabulous blog candy requiring a machine - what folder is this or whatever this is called? 3) Difficult? 4) What would you recommend purchasing for the first few folders or whatever they are called? I love your blog and all your ideas. Happy Holidays!!!

Chris R. from Iowa

Unknown said...

Hi Chris,
You'll have to send me your email address so I can answer your questions. :-)

Kathynruss said...

Hi, Michelle. My Technique Junkie subscription ran out. Can you send me a few hints on how to do this. One of my friends liked your card and wants to know how to do it! I think I know, but would like to be sure.

Looks like you and your sweetie had a great time at Disney.

Merry Christmas!